Product code: NT04
The Mae Sa valley Hike and Bike tour is one of our most popular day trip and covers a lot of ground! This amazing trip begins with a 2 hour hike through stunning jungle and bamboo forest with possible encounters with locals going about their daily business. At the end of the trek soak your feet in the cool water of a waterfall before eating a delicious Thai lunch at a local restaurant. In the afternoon, bike in a beautiful valley along fun dirt trails, rural village roads, past plantations, shimmering rice paddies and glittering temples.
Duration: 8-9 Hours (approximately)
Departure: Daily from Chiang Mai city
Activities: Hiking on forest and jungle trails, cycling rural and off-road trails
Fitness Level: Outdoor activities. Trip suitable for participants in good fitness condition
- Trekking in the remote hills of the Mae Sa Valley
- Encounter local people working in their fields
- Learn from your professional Thai guide about flora & fauna, local customs and culture
- Enjoy a delicious Thai lunch at a local restaurant
- Easy 20 to 25 km cycling trip through authentic Thailand countryside
08:30-08:45 Pick-up from your Chiang Mai hotel and transfer to the Mae Sa valley region (vehicle transfer approximately one hour, but subject to traffic).
09:30 Arrive at our starting point on the outskirts of a hill tribe village and start the approximately 2 hour hike with a gradual climb past some village houses. Before long, you will be surrounded by unspoiled jungle with our experienced, local guide to lead the way. Hiking this local trail, there is a chance you will encounter people going about their daily tasks in the area which is always interesting! Throughout the hike, you will come across a selection of flora and fauna and pass through a variety of farmland (depends on the season). Throughout the trek, our friendly local guide will share their knowledge of the area and explain the customs of village life in Northern Thailand.
13:00 Ending the trek, we make a quick stop at a waterfall before a vehicle transfer to a local restaurant.
14:00 After lunch, meet our support vehicle and bicycles nearby to begin a relaxing afternoon of cycling. Find yourself riding through village alleyways, rice fields and rural roads of Mae Sa valley; an excellent way to see the local way of life. We will also take a few off-road trails so you’ll definitely be getting off the beaten track!
17:00 After a day of exploring the area on two feet then two wheels, we finish our ride in the village. You can refresh before we transfer you back to your Chiang Mai accommodation (arrival time approximately 17:00).
PLEASE NOTE: This program is subject to eventual slight changes, depending on seasonality and other factors.
- Pick-up, drop-off and transportation by private vehicle
- Experienced English speaking tour guide
- Drinking water and snacks always available during the activities
- Quality TREK brand Mountain-Bikes with 24 gears and front suspension (models 3900 and 4300 in different frame size) and cycling helmets
- One meal: Thai food. (Please indicate dietary preferences)
- Beverages (apart from water which is provided)
- Tips or gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses