Product code: CXS04
Visit Chiang Mai’s iconic temple atop Doi Suthep mountain and explore the old city, temples and bustling market with one of our knowledgeable local guides!
Duration: 8 hours (aprroximately)
Departure: Upon request from Chiang Mai city
Activities: Guided visit to Chiang Mai city’s key attractions, visit Wat Prathat Doi Suthep
- Walking tour of Chiang Mai’s old city (walk around Prasing Temple, Three Kings’ Monument and Wat Chedi Luang)
- Sunset from Wat Prathat Doi Suthep temple perched atop a mountain overlooking the city
- Visit some of Chiang Mai’s most significant temples
- Explore the chaos and splendor of Warorot Market, a giant market next to the river in Chiang Mai’s Chinatown
- Learn from your professional Thai guide about the city’s history, culture and religion
8:30 Meet your English-speaking local guide at your Chiang Mai hotel and start with a walking tour of the Old City district still surrounded by the moat.
Within the old city, your guide will take you to visit the most famous temples (Wat Pra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang) where they can provide you with insight into the importance these temples have played in the past and present day.
Continue to Chiang Mai’s Chinatown, “Warorot Market”, a place to experience the real Chiang Mai and where you can find almost everything under the sun! Explore the maze of indoor and outdoor stalls, soak up the chaos and color, and practice your bargaining skills!
Stop for a local lunch where you can try a Thai special meal – Khao Soi! A yellow soup made with rich coconut curry, chicken, egg noodles and a sprinkling of crispy noodles on top.
In the late afternoon we drive up the steep and windy to road to the top of Doi Suthep Mountain. Here we will visit Wat Prathat Doi Suthep, an iconic temple perched atop the peak of the mountain. Built in 1383, this temple holds great significance within the city. See the marvellous golden pagoda containing the relics of the Lord Buddha and enjoy the sunset with stunning views overlooking Chiang Mai city. Please note that once inside the temple grounds, visitors must be appropriately dressed and remove footwear.
After a full day of exploring the city, we return to your Chiang Mai accommodation. (Approximately 17.30, depending on traffic)
17:30 Return transfer to your Chiang Mai accommodation.
- Pick-up and drop-off from your Chiang Mai accommodation
- Experienced English speaking tour guide / private air-condition vehicle
- Local Thai Lunch
- Personal expenses
- Tips or gratuities (optional)