Spend the day exploring a picturesque valley nestled within Mae Taeng district; cycle between rice paddies, inside bamboo forests and through village neighbourhoods then end the day with a visit to a spectacular temple, Wat Ban Den.
Duration: 8 hours (approximately)
Departure: Daily from Chiang Mai city
Activities: Cycling paved village roads and off-road trails
Fitness Level: This is a mountain-biking trip and therefore requires a good level of fitness.
- Cycle both on-road and off-road through the scenic Mae Taeng Valley
- Encounter local rural life and gain insight into local crop production
- Visit one of Chiang Mai provinces most magnificent temples
- Experienced English speaking local tour guide
Morning pick-up from your Chiang Mai hotel and vehicle transfer to Mae Taeng district (approximately 1 hour). Arrive at our activity base for the day- a boutique lodge nestled in the heart of the valley. The adventure begins with a ride through picturesque countryside where farmers go about their morning routine. Your guide will make stops at various points of interest and give you further insight into local life. Return along country roads for a delicious Thai lunch and some relaxation.
After lunch we enjoy some more off-roading along a single trail through the forest followed by flat, paved country roads zig-zagging through the valley. We eventually end up this epic ride at the famous Wat Ban Den temple where you can admire the intricate details of this stunning place of worship.
Transfer back to Chiang Mai
Finally, after a great day of exploring the Mae Taeng valley on two wheels, transfer you back to your Chiang Mai accommodation (arrival time approximately 17.30).
PLEASE NOTE: This program is subject to slight changes, depending on seasonality and other factors.
- Pick-up and drop off by air-conditioned vehicle
- Experienced English speaking tour guide
- Water and snacks whilst cycling
- Quality TREK or GIANT brand Mountain-Bikes with front suspension in different frame sizes and cycling helmets
- Support vehicle throughout the day (except on off road trails)
- One meal: Thai Lunch
- Beverages (apart from water which is provided)
- Tips or gratuities
- Personal expenses, meals not mentioned