Spend the day exploring a picturesque valley nestled within Mae Taeng district; pedal between rice paddies, inside bamboo forests and through village neighbourhoods then end the day with a visit to a spectacular temple, Wat Ban Den.
Duration: 8 Hours (approximately)
Departure: Daily from Chiang Mai city
Activities: Cycling paved village roads and off-road trails
Fitness Level: This is a mountain-biking trip and therefore requires a good level of fitness.
- Cycle both on-road and off-road through the scenic Mae Taeng Valley
- Encounter local rural life and gain insight into local crop production
- Visit one of Chiang Mai provinces most magnificent temples
- Experienced English speaking local tour guide
08:30 – 09:00 Pick-up from your Chiang Mai hotel and transfer to Mae Taeng district (vehicle transfer approximately 1 hour) to reach our activity base for the day- a boutique lodge nestled in the heart of the valley. The adventure begins with a ride through picturesque countryside where farmers go about their morning routine. Your guide will make stops at various points of interest and give you further insight into local life. Return along country roads for a delicious Thai lunch and some relaxation at a local restaurant.
13:00 After lunch we enjoy some more off-roading along a single trail through the forest followed by flat, paved country roads zig-zagging through the valley.
16:00 We end our ride at the famous Wat Ban Den temple where you can admire the intricate details of this stunning place of worship.
16:30 After a day of exploring the Mae Taeng valley on two wheels, we then transfer you back to your Chiang Mai accommodation (arrival time approximately 17.30).
PLEASE NOTE: This program is subject to slight changes, depending on seasonality and other factors.
- Pick-up , drop-off and transportation by covered pick-up truck
- Experienced English speaking tour guide and licensed driver
- Water and snacks always available throughout the entire day
- Quality TREK brand Mountain-Bikes with 24 gears and front suspension (models 3900 and 4300 in different frame size) and cycling helmets
- Support vehicle throughout the day
- One meal: Thai Lunch
- Beverages (apart from water which is provided)
- Tips or gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses, meals not mentioned