Product code: CTA10
Cycle along rural country lanes in the morning then later paddle along the Mae Ngat Dam lake using sit-on-top kayaks. A fun and active day with plenty of time to swim, relax, explore and enjoy a Thai lunch with peaceful surroundings .
Duration: 9 hours (approximately)
Departure: Daily from Chiang Mai city
Activities: Cycling easy countryside lanes, lake kayaking (using sit-on-top kayaks)
- Cycle along peaceful countryside roads and encounter locals going about their daily lives
- Paddle along the Mae Ngat Dam lake within the wonderful Sri Lanna National Park
- Learn from your professional Thai guide about flora & fauna, local customs and culture
- Enjoy a delicious Thai lunch whilst relaxing in a picturesque countryside location
08:30 Pick-up at your hotel in Chiang Mai and transfer by vehicle to our cycling starting point.
10:00 Upon arrival, your guide provides a quick briefing and fits you with a 24-gear TREK 4300 model mountain-bike and helmet. Cycle a 20km loop along rural roads through this scenic valley; we will encounter mostly flat terrain, and a few off-road sections along irrigation canals and rice paddies – authentic Northern Thailand countryside.
12:00 Enjoy a homecooked Thai meal at a local restaurant.
13:15 This afternoon we swap our bikes for sit-on-top kayaks! After a short vehicle transfer to the nearby Mae Ngat Dam in Sri Lanna National Park we begin paddling to reach tranquil floating raft houses (1+ hour paddling). Choose to either relax on the deck, or swim around the raft house.
15:30 Take a 15-minute motor boat journey back to the shore, followed by a short transfer to our adventure base, Le Cocotier Resort.
16:00 Relax and have a drink. Shower and changing rooms available.
16:30 Return to our vehicle and transfer back to your accommodation in Chiang Mai city (arrival time approximately 17:30 – 18:00)
- Pick-up , drop-off and transportation by air conditioned vehicle
- Experienced English speaking guide and licensed driver/mechanic
- Gourmet Thai Lunch
- Use of quality material: sit-on-top kayaks, TREK 4300 mountain-bikes, helmets, paddles and life-jackets
- National Park fees
- Water and snacks during the activities
- Beverages (apart from water which is provided)
- Tips or gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Meals not mentioned in itinerary
Note: This trip is suitable for families with young children and it can be tailor-made when booked as private tour.
- We provide 24-speed Trek® high-quality mountain-bikes, with cycling helmets and water bottles. Most of the route is relatively flat along rural country roads; during the dry season we ride on more off road trail sections. Please bring adequate cycling gear such as padded shorts, t-shirts, cycling shoes or runners, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a pair of cycling gloves. We will send a full packing list to you after tour registration.
- The kayaking section is suitable for novices and it is indeed the perfect place to learn paddling strokes. We use sit-on-top “Feelfree® or Ocean-Kayak®”, seating two people per boat. Theses kayaks are safe to use; they are sturdy, stable and unsinkable therefore very simple to handle. Life-jackets (PFD’s) and dry bags are supplied.