Product code: CT70
Departing from the city of Chiang Rai, participants will enjoy this trekking trip and discover nearby hill tribes villages and their lifestyle, ending at a refreshing waterfall. This challenging hike is a must-do local experience in the heart of the Golden Triangle.
Duration: Day trip (7 hours)
Departure: Daily from Chiang Rai town
Activities: Easy to moderate trek (3 to 4 hour’s undulating landscape)
- Explore and trek the Mae Kok river valley
- Learn from your Thai guide about flora & fauna, local customs and culture.
- Trek through jungle and bamboo forest
- Refreshing dip at waterfall
- Ideal trip for families and other groups
Trekking in the Mae Kok river Valley
At 8:30am your guide will meet you at your hotel in Chiang Rai. Drive through the countryside to reach our trek starting point, at the waterfall. We will start the trek through countryside, farmland and bamboo forest until we climb to a Lahu village. You guide will prepare the lunch in the village at the local host family. We then hike down another trail to reach the waterfall. Relax and refresh for a while.
Then we transfer back to Chiang Rai and drop off at your hotel. Arrival approximately 3 to 3.30pm.
(Meals: L, )
- Pick-up, drop-off and transportation by private “covered pick-up truck” or car
- Experienced English speaking trekking guide
- Thai lunch prepared by your guide
- Beverages (apart from drinking water which is provided)
- Tips or gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Meals not mentioned in itinerary
Notes: this trekking itinerary is a basic guideline and subject to change; distances and hiking times are approximate. Your tour guide will take final decision on the trails chosen, based on the conditions of the dayAll participants should carry a small day pack to carry their personal belongings.
This trip is suitable for families with teenagers and the program can be tailor-made to your needs when booked as private tour.
- Small backpack or daypack, which you will carry, and containing personal gear
- Wear a pair short or long pants, a cotton or nylon shirt or t-shirt
- Wear suitable footwear as hiking shoes or runners
- A hat, and sunglasses
- Bring sunscreen lotion and mosquito repellent
- A short or bathing suit and a towel for the waterfall
- Rain jacket or windbreaker, or fleece, according to season