Product code: CXS02
Handicrafts has been an integral part of Northern Thailand’s culture for decades. On this tour, you will encounter the descendants of the original craftspeople who to this day continue to produce impressive handicrafts.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure: Upon request from Chiang Mai city
Activities: Guided visit to Chiang Mai’s famous handicraft centres
- Silk factory; you will find a few traditional silk manufacturers and demonstrations of the silk-making process from the silkworm to the weaving process
- Umbrella making; Chiang Mai is famous for handmade umbrellas and fans. These hand-painted decorative items are made of “Sa” paper with many impressive designs and colors
- Silverware; many of the silver markets are located on the Sankampaeng Road where you can find traditional items such as trays, bowls, boxes and much more being made on-site
- Gem Gallery; If you fancy some fine crafted jewelry at great prices, we can make an optional stop at the Gem Gallery…world’s biggest jewelry store! Not so much of a handicraft, but a massive factory with quality products
8:30 / 13:30 Meet your English-speaking local guide at your Chiang Mai hotel and transfer by air-conditioned vehicle to the Sankampeng and Borsang craft villages. Visit local handicraft manufacturers and craft shops where you can see the process of making these unique products.
12:30 / 17:30 Return transfer to your Chiang Mai accommodation
- Pick-up and drop-off by air conditioned vehicle
- Experienced English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees and tax
- Personal expenses
- Tips or gratuities (optional)