Product code: CXS03
Explore Chiang Mai’s old city, temples and bustling market with one of our knowledgeable local guides!
Duration: 4 hours
Departure: Upon request from Chiang Mai city
Activities: Guided visit to Chiang Mai city’s key attractions
- Walking tour of Chiang Mai’s old city built over 700 years ago and once an entirely walled square surrounded by a moat
- Visit some of Chiang Mai’s most significant temples
- Explore the chaos and splendor of Warorot Market, a giant market next to the river in Chiang Mai’s Chinatown
- Learn from your professional Thai guide about the city’s history, culture and religion
8:30 Meet your English-speaking local guide at your Chiang Mai hotel and start with a walking tour of the Old City district still surrounded by the moat.
Within the old city, your guide will take you to visit the most famous temples (Wat Pra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang) where they can provide you with insight into the importance these temples have played in the past and present day.
Continue to Chiang Mai’s Chinatown, “Warorot Market”, a place to experience the real Chiang Mai and where you can find almost everything under the sun! Explore the maze of indoor and outdoor stalls, soak up the chaos and color, and of course sample some local delicacies.
12:30 Return transfer to your Chiang Mai accommodation.
- Pick-up and drop-off from your Chiang Mai accommodation
- Experienced English speaking tour guide
- Personal expenses
- Tips or gratuities (optional)