Product code: CXS30
Spend the day exploring Chiang Mai’s old city, temples, handicraft centres and bustling market with one of our knowledgeable local guides!
Duration: 8 hours (aprroximately)
Departure: Upon request from Chiang Mai city
Activities: Guided walking tour of Chiang Mai city’s key attractions, temple visits, handicraft centre
- Walking tour of Chiang Mai’s old city built over 700 years ago and once an entirely walled square surrounded by a moat
- Visit some of Chiang Mai’s most significant temples
- Explore the chaos and splendor of Warorot Market, a giant market next to the river in Chiang Mai’s Chinatown
- Learn from your professional Thai guide about the city’s history, culture and religion
- Visit handicraft centres and encounter the descendants of the original craftspeople who to this day continue to produce impressive handicrafts.
8:30 Meet your English-speaking local guide at your Chiang Mai hotel and start with a walking tour of the Old City district still surrounded by the moat.
Within the old city, your guide will take you to visit the most famous temples (Wat Pra Singh and Wat Chedi Luang) where they can provide you with insight into the importance these temples have played in the past and present day.
Continue to Chiang Mai’s Chinatown, “Warorot Market”, a place to experience the real Chiang Mai and where you can find almost everything under the sun! Explore the maze of indoor and outdoor stalls, soak up the chaos and color, and of course sample some local delicacies.
12:30 For a glimpse of the river and surrounding mountains. Stop for a delicious Thai lunch at a restaurant sitting on the bank of the Ping River.
14:00 In the afternoon, you will check out some of the handicrafts in Sankampeng district where local craftsmen are working on silk, umbrella painting, wood carving and more. Alternatively, your group can choose to continue exploring some more of Chiang Mai’s most interesting temples – with more than 300 temples in Chiang Mai, there are plenty to choose from!
16:30 After a full day exploring the city, we transfer you back to your Chiang Mai accommodation where you can spend the evening at your own leisure.
- Pick-up and drop-off from your Chiang Mai accommodation
- Experienced English speaking tour guide
- Local Thai Lunch
- Personal expenses
- Tips or gratuities (optional)