Product code: TR002
From majestic rice fields to lush tropical jungle, explore the best of Northern Thailand’s great outdoors with two different adventure activities. Cycle between rice paddies, inside bamboo forests and through village neighborhoods then spend the evening in a boutique resort nestled in the picturesque valley. Next day, let your local guide reveal the secrets of the lush jungle as you trek through amazing flora and fauna. A two-day active adventure you won’t be able to forget!
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Departure: Daily departures from Chiang Mai city
Activities: Cycling paved village roads and off-road trails, hiking on jungle trails along mountain ridges.
Fitness Level: Suitable for participants in good fitness condition; cycling experience is essential.
- Cycle both on-road and off-road through the scenic Mae Ngat Valley
- Encounter local rural life and get a glimpse of their lifestyle
- Overnight in boutique homestay located in a picturesque valley
- Traverse valleys, walk along ridges and cross streams while experiencing the pure beauty of the Northern jungle
- Learn from your English speaking Thai guide about flora & fauna, local customs and culture
DAY 1 – Cycling the rustic countryside and overnight in the scenic Mae Ngat valley
Pick-up from your Chiang Mai accommodation around 9am and transfer to Mae Tang district where we will reach our activity base – a boutique resort nestled in the heart of the valley. The adventure begins with a ride through picturesque countryside where you can often see farmers going about their morning routine. Your guide will take short breaks at various points of interest and give you further insight into local life. Make a stop at the impressive Wat Ban Den temple where you can admire the intricate details of this place of worship. Return along country roads to our adventure base at the resort, for a delicious Thai lunch and some relaxation. After lunch we have a more challenging loop riding through rice paddies along single dirt trails, and into a jungle forest section. After a day exploring the Mae Ngat valley on two wheels, return to our boutique resort to enjoy the sun setting over the rice fields as you sip a refreshing drink and await a delicious Thai dinner.
(Meals: L, D)
DAY 2 – High Mountain Trek in the Chiang Dao mountain
Wake to the sun rising over nearby mountains and distant sounds of farmers working in their fields before the heat of the day sets in. Fuel up with a freshly cooked breakfast then transfer to the nearby mountain where we begin our trekking adventure! We set off on trails through tea plantations to reach a village before following a jungle track to a local house for lunch and a rest in the garden. Your guide will be able to explain about the local lifestyle and agriculture. After lunch we continue hiking for another 2 hours or more, mostly downhill toward the lowland valley. The path offers fantastic views and is mostly through dense forest. We eventually meet our vehicle to transfer back to Chiang Mai city (arrival time approximately 17:30).
(Meals: B, L)
- All vehicle transfers by covered pick-up truck (songtaew)
- English speaking tour guides
- One night accommodation in boutique hotel
- Meals as per itinerary B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- Qualified, English speaking local adventure guides
- Quality 24-gear TREK Mountain Bikes with front suspension and cycling helmets
- Partial vehicle support during cycling tour
- Drinking water and snacks
- Beverages (apart from water which is provided)
- Tips or gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
PLEASE NOTE: This program is subject to slight changes, depending on seasonality and other factors.