Product code: CXS21
Join us for this popular day trip to the “roof of Thailand” and at 2,565 metres, the foothills of the Himalayas. Explore the stunning evergreen forest, refreshing waterfalls and encounter local hill-tribe life all at Doi Inthanon.
Duration: 9 Hours (approximately)
Departure: Daily from Chiang Mai city
Activities: Sightseeing, easy nature walks
- Explore the Doi Inthanon National Park (the highest peak in Thailand) with its evergreen forest
- Take a nature walk on the “Angka Trail” and visit the twin pagodas near the summit
- Stop at one the parks stunning waterfalls and enjoy a local Thai lunch
- Walk to a Karen hill-tribe village and taste some of their locally grown coffee
- Learn from your professional Thai guide about flora & fauna, local customs and culture
- Comfortable transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver
08:30 Pick-up from your Chiang Mai hotel where you will meet your guide and driver. Depart by private vehicle heading South-West to Doi Inthanon National park’s entrance. Enter the National park and drive to the summit.
10:00 Enjoy a short nature walk on a wooden pathway called the “Angka Trail” with moss-covered trees, wild orchids and various bird species. Continue by vehicle to visit the two impressive twin pagodas near the summit before taking a walk on the Kew Mae Pan nature Trail (closed during rainy season) offering breathtaking views of the valley.
12:30 Lunch stop at Mae Klang or Vachiratarn waterfall for local style papaya salad (som tam) and sticky rice.
14:00 Afterwards, walk to a Karen hill-tribe visit where you can encounter local village life and taste their locally grown coffee.
15:30 After a day of exploring this unique part of Thailand, we transfer back to your accommodation in Chiang Mai city (arrival time approximately 17:00).
- Pick-up , drop-off and transportation by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Experienced English speaking guide and licensed driver
- Meals as mentioned in itinerary [B=Breakfast, L=Lunch,D=Dinner]
- National Park entrance fees
- Exclusive small-group tour
- Tips or gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
Please note: As a private tour, this program can be tailor made. Those interested in some serious hiking should review our overnight tour.
Doi Inthanon National Park is pleasant to visit all year, as its mild climate makes it cool even during the hot season. Based on the time of year, this trip can be a very different experience!
– Winter/cold season; Very pleasant to hike as the air is cool and fresh with great views of the valley and a different feeling from Chiang Mai or other smaller mountains. During the cold season on the mountain temperatures can drop to 5°C (40° F) or occasionally even lower. The coolest season is from December to February.
– Raining season; The lush nature and blue sky during the raining season makes the area just stunning. It is rarely raining the entire day, as there is more often a tropical downpour followed by sunshine again. Beautiful views and great color contrasts makes this the best season for avid photographers. Trails could be more slippery with mud, but it’s part of the experience and there are higher chances of spotting wildlife. Some of the trails are closed by the Park’s Rangers during the raining season.