Every year at the end of May, monsoon rains begin to sweep over the landscapes of Northern Thailand providing respite from the heat and scenery so beautiful it will take your breath away! Many travellers try to avoid the wet season for fear of the rain impacting their plans however we’re here to let you in on a little secret – the rainy season is in fact one of the BEST times to travel in Northern Thailand.
Why? We think the pictures below speak for themselves.
1. Monsoon rains sweeping over the rice fields in Ban Cho Lae, Mae Taeng District
2. The variety of vibrant spiders are widespread at the time of year. This one is harmless!
3. The wet season is by far the most scenic time for cycling alongside glistening rice fields.
4. Farmer working in his field; a common sight at this time of year.
5. These unique rhinoceros beetles are often encountered during the rainy season in Northern Thailand.
6. Rain clouds. Mountains. Jungle. Rice Fields. Absolutely stunning combination.
7. Hiking through lush green foliage and giant trees. The wet season brings out the best of what the jungle has to offer nature lovers.
8. Encounter local homes nestled within lush greenery
9. Vibrant and contrasting colours are a treat for the eyes.
10. Heavy downpours of rain usually last just a short time before the sky opens up and your surroundings are fresh.
So, what do you think? If you agree that the rainy season is stunning, share this post with your friends!
Tag your photos of Northern Thailand and the rainy season on Instagram with @activethailand