What to do in Chiang Mai?
As an experienced tour operator, we understand that planning a family tour suitable for everyone in the family can be a difficult and stressful task; it doesn’t need to be. We have designed some itineraries with families in mind, with varying interests, ages and adventure levels. Therefore we are striving to keep the whole family engaged throughout the entire trip. We would also recommend your family to spend a night or more in the countryside, to enjoy the nature and outdoor activities. Doing so, you will avoid the long commuting into the city, often experienced during day trips. Our family tours are mostly operated within the beautiful Mae Taeng and Chiang Dao valleys, using a small boutique hotel or a rustic lodge as a tour base. Our experienced local guides can help you discover the region through various outdoor activities we offer, as trekking, cycling, kayaking on the lake. We also offer other types of travel interest as visit an Elephant Sanctuary, white water rafting, zipline experiences, or discovering great waterfalls during the hot season. For clients with more specific interests, our booking team will assist you to organise private tailored tours to suit your requirements. Please browse through our programs and send us an inquiry.
- Fun activities and things to do in Mae Taeng and Chiang Dao valley
- Explore the Chiang Dao caves and the Buddhist sanctuary.
- Bathe in the hot spring and waterfalls of Chiang Dao.
- Zip-lining in the Mae Sa or Mae Taman valley. Fly through secure cables through the Jungle or over rice paddies! Safety first, this operation has been tested by our team.
- White water rafting on the Mae Taeng River. Operated with European safety standards and equipment.
- Experience a day at the Elephant Nature Park conservation Center.
- Take a motorboat trip or a kayaking trip on the Mae Ngat Dam, exploring the natural beauty and have a lunch or a drink at exotic floating raft house.
- Experience and discover Rice Farming! From cultivation to your table, rice is part of Thailand farmer’s daily life and is always growing in the fertile Cholae valley.
- Discover very special Temples and learn the insiders of the Buddhist religion with it’s festivals and tradition
- Learn to cook Thai cuisine! From basic Pad Thai noodles to more complicated curry and soup dishes, children and adults will be all “little chefs”.
- Bicycle ride in the flat Mae Taeng valley, discover Thai pristine countryside, local farming. We can provide small frame bikes.
- More experienced riders, will ride sturdy mountain-bikes off road trails in Mae Taeng or Chiang Dao districts.
- Local Thai Handicraft, making arts and crafts with bamboo or coconut shells.
- Fishing in one of the nearby lake, or perhaps in the Ping River.
- Kayaking down the Ping river, on sturdy sit-on-top kayaks, following experienced staff.
- Touring kayak: for those more experienced, we can paddle the entire length of the Mae Ngad Dam. A great paddling expedition for experienced families.
- Trekking the Sri Lanna National Park, or trek the highlands, with possible home-stay overnight, jungle trails, waterfalls and hill-tribe villages.
- And Chiang Mai city in itself has so much to offer, with the fun night bazaar or the sunday walking street market.
- Numerous interesting Temples to explore and chat with Buddhist monks.
- Experience a tuk-tuk ride in the old town.
- Visit the Chiang Mai Zoo, with the Panda’s and the Aquarium.
- Visit the Umbrella making center and paint your own umbrella, or make some other handicrafts.
- Visit the 3 dimension Art In Paradise museum.
- Take a boat cruise along the Ping river.
- Visit the famous old style Chinese “Wuarorot” market.
- Try delicious Thai food in the many local restaurants in town.
And much much more to do!
Any planning in mind? Send us an e-mail with your time frame and preferred activities, and we will send you a customised program proposal!
See you soon in Chiang Mai!