Umphang Trekking Expedition
Trip Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
Start/ending place: from Mae Sot, and ending in Mae Sot
Departure: Daily departure on “join basis”. All year long.
Private trip departure possible any day.
Follow our expert trekking guides on this real expedition through the wilderness of Umphang valley. Wildlife sanctuary; Mae Klong river; remote Karen villages, elephant riding, explore stunning Tee Losu waterfall the most impressive waterfall in Thailand. It’s all part of this exciting Thailand trekking program!
- DAY 1: MAE SOT TO UMPHANG, OVERLAND JOURNEY
- 08:00 your guide and vehicle will meet you at hotel in Mae Sot. We will then drive the winding mountain road to reach the Umphang valley. A scenic 165 km scenic journey passing Karen and Hmong villages. Arrive in Umphang valley for lunch. Afternoon, we embark on a sturdy bamboo raft for a float down scenic Mae Klong River. After a few hours, we stop at a river camp (sleep under tents) where we will spend the night. Meals are prepared by your guides.
- DAY 2: JUNGLE TREK AND WATERFALLS
- Rubber rafting on the Mae Klong river, passing by Ti Lojor spray waterfall, and a hot spring, an amazing sprinkle of water falling from a 100 meters high cliff onto the Mae Khlong river. Amazing scenery is discovered during this peaceful, yet exciting and unique river descent. From where we disembark the rafts, we will trek mostly up hill for approximately 3 hours to reach the Ti Losu waterfall forestry park. We will spend the night at the park’s campsite, under tents. Every thing is installed for your by your guides. They will also cook for you an excellent Thai dinner.
- DAY 3: TI LOSU WATERFALL, AND HIKE TO KAREN VILLAGE
- Time to walk to and discover and explore this impressive waterfall and eventually have a swim. After lunch, we hike 3 hours to a traditional Karen village. Overnight in the village. Basic but comfortable accommodation in their bamboo huts. We provide sleep bags, foam mats, and mosquito nets.
- DAY 4: ELEPHANT RIDING AND RETURN BY ROAD TO MAE SOT
- A great experience on elephant’s back, riding for 3 to 4 hours to reach the Mokido river crossing, to meet with our vehicle, for a short transfer back to Umphang. Stop for a coffee and snack break before the long road journey back to Mae Sot. Drop off in Mae Sot (hotel tonight is not included).
- End of the tour/services -
Rates per person in Thai Baht. Valid from Now until end of 31 October 2016
|Code UMP-01||Rate / person||Departure|
|Join Tour||8,200.-||please check|
|Private Tour||2 – 3 persons||8,900.-||everyday|
|4 – 6 persons||8,500.-|
|single room supplement||n/a||-|
Joint tour departure from Mae Sot: please check with us.
(This tour departs from Mae Sot).
- Private vehicle transportation to and from Mae Sot
- Meals as mentioned (from lunch on first day to dinner on last day)
- Elephant riding and bamboo rafting experience
- Accommodation as per program. Camping nights with tents and material provided
- Experienced ActiveThailand trekking guide
- National Park / sanctuary entry fees
- Accommodation in Mae Sot prior and post tour
- Meals not mentioned in program
- Beverages at local restaurants or shops, as well as other personal spending
- Tips and gratuities for guide and assistants
“This trekking adventure is recognized as one of the wildest in the country!”
Send us your inquiry using the button below. Our online reservation staff will reply within 24 hours.