Khao Yai Wildlife Safari
Tour ref: KOY-01
Duration: 3 days / 2 nights
Departure: NOT AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT
Start and ending place: The trip start from Bangkok, and return to Bangkok
Khao Yai National Park is accessible from Bangkok by road, on a 3 hour’s drive.
The park is the best choice choice for a wilderness adventure in the central plain, east of Bangkok.
This 3 days trip in Khao Yai national park takes you on a number of nature hikes with your naturalist leader through some of the parks best wildlife habitat. Possible wildlife sightings include gibbons, stump-tailed macaque, sambar deer,barking deer, great hornbills, elephants, wild dogs and more.
- DAY 1: BY ROAD TO KHAO YAI NATIONAL PARK, AND TREK
- Meet at your Bangkok hotel at 0600 for the 2-hour transfer to Khao Yai. Meet your naturalist guide for breakfast at the edge of the park and head out on a nature walk for the rest of the day through the lush evergreen forest that dominates the central regions of Khao Yai national park. Porters are on-hand to carry food and other essentials, and a cook prepares a traditional Thai lunch for you in the forest. Having freshened up after your walk, you will visit the park headquarters to learn more about the park and hear about on-going attempts to bring together wildlife monitoring, anti-poaching training and rural development projects to conserve the parks diverse wildlife. After dinner, set out on a night drive through the forest on the look out for elephants, deer, civets, porcupine and other wildlife.
Overnight at hotel/Resort just outside the National Park.
Walking Distance: 6 kms over a period of 4-6 hours. Meals: [B,L,D]
- DAY 2: DAY OF HIKING AND EXPLORING THE PARK
- An early morning walk to a wildlife watchtower on the look-out for birds such as the great horn-bill, and to witness dawn activities at a nearby mineral lick. Back for breakfast, then set out on a full day nature trek with your naturalist leader. Again, porters will be carrying essentials for breakfast and another delicious lunch in the forest. After finishing the walk and having dinner, an optional night drive. Overnight at hotel/Resort just outside the National Park.
Walking Distance: 6 km over a period of 4-6 hours. Meals: [B,L,D]
- DAY 3: MORE JUNGLE HIKE AND EXPLORATION. RETURN TO BANGKOK
- A morning nature trek that focuses on the lives of the parks gibbon population. You will set off early in an attempt to view these amazing forest acrobats at close range. After lunch on the trail, exit the forest at approximately 4pm and transfer back to Bangkok.
Walking Distance: 4-5 km over a period of 4-5 hours. Meals: [B,L]
- End of the tour -
THIS TRIP IS NOT OPERATED ANYMORE
Rates per person in Thai Baht.
|Tour KOY-01||Rate / person||Departure|
|Private Tour||2 – 4 persons||on request||Every day|
|5 – 6 persons||on request|
|single room supplement||—||—|
Prices vary according to season and holiday periods. Please send us an inquiry.
- 2 nights accommodation at Juldis Resort, or similar. (Twin share, private bathroom, a/c)
- Private vehicle transfer from Bangkok (town or airport) on Day 1 and back to Bangkok airport/town on Day 3.
- All other transfers during program.
- Meals as indicated (Meals: B=breakfast, L=Lunch, D=dinner)
- Field equipment (backpacks, raincoats, leech socks, etc)
- Field porters/cook
- English speaking naturalist guide
- National Park entrance fees
- Personal insurance
- All items of a personal nature such as phone calls, tips for personal services, etc.
This is a sample tour itinerary. Timing and accommodation may change according to local conditions and availability, but the general content of the trip will remain the same.