CHIANGDAO TREK – 2 DAYS
Tour ref: CT70
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Departures Every day, all year long
Start/ending place: Chiang-Mai
Activity: Trekking (easy hiking)
From Chiang Mai, experience this easy trekking trip, discovering small hill tribes villages and authentic rural life. A rich cultural experience and active 2 days trip in the heart of the Chiang Dao valley with stunning views of Thailand’s third highest peak.
- Overnight at local lodge near hill tribe villages and close to the nature
- Jungle trek, through various landscape, as valley and bamboo forest
- Visit and explore the Chiang Dao caves
- Perfect trip for families
- DAY 1: TREK THE CHIANGDAO VALLEY AND OVERNIGHT AT LODGE
- 08h30 Your guide will meet you at your hotel in Chiang Mai. Our first destination is a local market. Continue to a small Lahu village up the mountain, our trek starting point. The hike is mostly downhill and not strenuous. You will see many jungle trees, bamboo forest. Walk along a small refreshing stream. We meet with our vehicle and transfer by car (30 min.) to the Chiangdao valley. Transfer to the Padeng Lodge for overnight. Dinner at the Lodge.
In the evening, youngsters will be able to play with bamboo artifacts with the guide, or learn how to make cups, spoons and other objects with bamboo.
[Meals: Lunch, Dinner]
- DAY 2: TREK AND BUDDHIST CAVE EXPLORATION
- After a filling breakfast, a short drive will bring us to another village, inhabited by Lisu and Akkha people. From there we will follow a trekking trail leading to a Palong hill tribe village.
Eventually stop by the local school, and walk back to the Lodge. This hike takes about two hours, but we can propose a longer trek option, depending on the season and participants abilities.
Lunch at the Lodge.
After lunch, we drive to the Chiangdao Caves for a deep exploration. The caves are part of a Buddhist Sanctuary and various chambers can be discovered, with the help of local guides equipped with gas lamps. Various chambers are scattered with interesting stalagmits and stalactits of different shapes, sometimes remind us animals or objects. Around the caves, local shops are displaying and selling various medicinal plants and herbs.
Drive back to Chiang Mai and drop off at your hotel in town or at Chiang Mai airport. (Arrival time approximately 17:00)
[Meals: Breakfast, Lunch]
- End of the trip -
The Chiangdao valley in North Thailand
Rates per person in Thai Baht. Valid from NOW till end of March 2016
|tour CT70||Rate / person||Departure|
|Join Tour, minimum 2 participants||6,200||Every day|
|Private Tour||2 – 3 persons||7,400||Every day|
|4 – 6 persons||6,500|
|Family friendly: discount for children under 14 years old, traveling with two adults||20% discount|
- All transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle.
- ActiveThailand’s experienced English speaking tour guide.
- All visits/excursions as mentioned in tour itinerary.
- One night accommodation at Padeng Lodge, in twin share room.
- Meals as mentioned in program.
Personal expenses, beverages, tips and gratuities, optional excursion/visit.
This trip is suitable for families with young children and it can be tailor-made, when booked as private tour. At the lodge we provide games and activities in the evening for children.