CHIANGDAO TREK – 2 DAYS
Tour ref: CT70
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Departures Every day, all year long
Start/ending place: Chiang-Mai
Activity: Trekking (easy to moderate trek)
From Chiang Mai, experience this easy trekking trip, discovering small hill tribes villages and authentic rural life. A rich cultural experience and active 2 days trip in the heart of the Chiang Dao valley with stunning views of Thailand’s third highest peak.
- Overnight at local lodge near hill tribe villages and close to the nature
- Jungle trekking, through mostly bamboo forest
- Visit and explore the Chiang Dao caves
- Elephant Riding and bamboo rafting experience
- DAY 1: TREK THE CHIANGDAO VALLEY AND OVERNIGHT AT LODGE
- 08h30am. Meet at your hotel in Chiang Mai and drive up north to Chiang Dao area. We make our first stop at an elephant camp nestled in pristine forest surroundings, to observe the elephants bathing and demonstrating their skills. Proceed to the Chiang Dao caves and Buddhist sanctuary where we will have lunch at local restaurant. Drive further to a village to begin our hike through the jungle and limestone peak, reaching a Palong village. Visit of the village and walk 10 minutes to the basic Padeng Lodge for overnight and dinner.
[Meals: Lunch, Dinner]
- DAY 2: ELEPHANT RIDING, BAMBOO RAFTING AND RETURN TO CHIANGMAI
- After breakfast we enjoy an elephant’s back ride in the valley and through some forest (1 hour) to reach a small Karen village. The elephant’s mahouts come from this village, and we will have the chance to visit our friend’s house and family. After a short break, we continue our trek to another village where our vehicle is waiting for us. Back at the Lodge for lunch. This afternoon, we drive down to the Ping river near the town to experience a short but fun bamboo rafting experience down the Ping River. We then drive back to Chiang Mai making a last stop in Mae Sa valley, to visit a splendid Orchid Nursery, before getting back to Chiang Mai. Drop off at your hotel in town or at Chiang Mai airport.
[Meals: Breakfast, Lunch]
- End of the trip -
The Chiangdao valley in North Thailand
Rates per person in Thai Baht. Valid from NOW till end of September 2013
|tour CT70||Rate / person||Departure|
|Join Tour, minimum 2 participants||4,600||Every day|
|Private Tour||2 – 4 persons||5,600||Every day|
|5 – 6 persons||4,600|
|Family friendly: discount for children under 14 years old, traveling with two adults||20% discount|
- All transfers by covered pick up truck.
- ActiveThailand’s experienced English speaking tour guide.
- All visits/excursions as mentioned in tour itinerary.
- One night accommodation at Padeng Lodge, in twin share room.
- Meals as mentioned in program.
Personal expenses, beverages, tips and gratuities, optional excursion/visit.
This trip is suitable for families with young children and it can be tailor-made, when booked as private tour.