CHIANGDAO TREK – 2 DAYS
Tour ref: CT70
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Departures Every day, all year long
Start/ending place: Chiang-Mai
Activity: Trekking (easy hiking)
From Chiang Mai, experience this easy trekking trip, discovering small hill tribes villages and authentic rural life. A rich cultural experience and active 2 days trip in the heart of the Chiang Dao valley with stunning views of Thailand’s third highest peak.
- Overnight at local lodge near hill tribe villages and close to the nature
- Jungle trekking, through mostly bamboo forest
- Visit and explore the Chiang Dao caves
- Elephant Riding and bamboo rafting experience
- DAY 1: TREK THE CHIANGDAO VALLEY AND OVERNIGHT AT LODGE
- 08h30 Your guide will meet you at your hotel in Chiang Mai. Drive up north to Chiangdao valley, with a stop at Maetaman, to visit an elephant camp. Here you will have the chance to observe the elephants bathing and demonstrating their skills, watching the show. Experience a ride on elephant’s back through the surrounding jungle. After lunch at the camp, try a peaceful bamboo rafting river descent, sitting on a bamboo raft, drafting down the river. We then transfer by car (45 min.) to a village, our trek starting point. Easy hike in the valley on undulating hills and visit two different villages. Transfer or walk to the basic Padeng Lodge for overnight and dinner.
[Meals: Lunch, Dinner]
1/ bamboo rafting might be cancelled without prior notice when the water level is to high, during raining season.
2/ the elephant camp is a private business and Tourist attraction.
3/ Trek is short and fairly easy, suitable for novices (walk 1 to 2 hours).
- DAY 2: TREKKING, CAVES VISIT AND RETURN TO CHIANGMAI
- After breakfast we transfer by car to a village where we start our trek. We will hike a few hours through the valley. Your guide will provide few options, depending of the season and participants abilities.
Lunch is a pack lunch taken on the trek. We will end at Padeng Lodge, or meet our vehicle at meeting point. We then transfer to the Chiangdao Caves for exploration. The caves are part of a Buddhist Sanctuary. We then drive back to Chiang Mai and drop off at your hotel in town or at Chiang Mai airport.
[Meals: Breakfast, Lunch]
- End of the trip -
The Chiangdao valley in North Thailand
Rates per person in Thai Baht. Valid from NOW till end of October 2015
|tour CT70||Rate / person||Departure|
|Join Tour, minimum 2 participants||6,200||Every day|
|Private Tour||2 – 3 persons||7,400||Every day|
|4 – 6 persons||5,650|
|Family friendly: discount for children under 14 years old, traveling with two adults||20% discount|
- All transfers by covered pick up truck.
- ActiveThailand’s experienced English speaking tour guide.
- All visits/excursions as mentioned in tour itinerary.
- One night accommodation at Padeng Lodge, in twin share room.
- Meals as mentioned in program.
Personal expenses, beverages, tips and gratuities, optional excursion/visit.
This trip is suitable for families with young children and it can be tailor-made, when booked as private tour.