Product code: NT01
Come along for an adventurous guided cycling day in the scenic Chiang Dao valley! Ride your bike on forest trails discovering hill-tribe villages and leisurely pedal through traditional countryside of Northern Thailand.
Duration: 9 Hours (approximately)
Departure: Daily from Chiang Mai city
Activities: Cycling paved village roads and off-road trails
Fitness Level: This is a mountain-biking trip and therefore requires a good level of fitness.
- Cycle both on-road and off-road through the scenic Chiang Dao Valley
- Encounter local hill tribe people and get a glimpse of their lifestyle.
- Learn from your professional Thai guide about flora & fauna, local customs and culture.
- Explore spectacular limestone caves and a Buddhist sanctuary
08:15 -08:45 Pick-up from your Chiang Mai hotel and transfer to the Chiang Dao valley region (vehicle transfer approximately 1.5hours) to reach our activity base for the day- Padeng Lodge. Upon arrival, enjoy locally brewed tea or coffee while the friendly guide fits the bikes to ensure you are comfortable throughout the day. The adventure for the day begins with a ride on mostly paved road through picturesque countryside leading to a Karen village where we take a break. We then ride an off-road section reaching another village before heading back to the lodge for a delicious Thai lunch. (Loop 12 – 15 km)
13:00 After lunch we enjoy some more off-roading along a single trail through the forest followed by flat, paved country roads leading to the Chiang Dao caves. The support vehicle is always closeby should anyone need a rest or refreshments. (Distance varies between 25 km to 30km – depending on the route chosen)
16:00 We end our ride at the famous Chiang Dao caves and Buddhist sanctuary, which can be explored when time permits.
16:30 After a day of exploring the Chiang Dao area on two wheels, we then transfer you back to your Chiang Mai accommodation (arrival time approximately 17.30).
- Pick-up , drop-off and transportation by covered pick-up truck
- Experienced English speaking tour guide and licensed driver
- Water and snacks always available throughout the entire day
- Quality TREK brand Mountain-Bikes with 24 gears and front suspension (models 3900 and 4300 in different frame size) and cycling helmets
- Support vehicle throughout the day
- One meal: Thai Picnic Lunch
- Beverages (apart from water which is provided)
- Tips or gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses, meals not mentioned