Maetang River located one hour’s drive from Chiang Mai city is the perfect place for a fun rafting day trip! Paddle through a series of exciting rapids (medium size) amidst beautiful nature and countryside followed by a delicious Thai lunch.
Duration: 7 hours (approximately)
Departure: Daily departures from Chiang Mai city (during rafting season)
Fitness level: Swimming competency is essential; average level of fitness is best.
Season: Tours operate from 15 June until end of 31 January annually (subject to water levels)
- Experience this wonderful area of Thailand riding the rapids of Maetang River
- Learn from your professional rafting guide(s)
- Delicious Thai set lunch on the riverside
08:00 – 08:30 Pick-up from your Chiang Mai hotel and transfer to the Mae Tang River.
09:30Arrival at Maetang River Camp located on the riverbank; this will be our base for the day. Start the adventure with a safety briefing and demonstration of basic paddling skills, followed by equipment fitting.
10:00 Jump on board our covered pick-up truck where we travel a bumpy road for 10km until we reach our put in point. Here the rafting experience begins with a descent for the first section, a perfect paddling introduction. This is followed by a more intense and thrilling rapids to keep the adrenaline pumping until the the raft arrives back at Mae Tang River Camp.
13:00 Catch your breath and dry off at camp before enjoying a set lunch of delicious Thai cuisine and fresh fruits.
14:00 Vehicle transfer back to Chiang Mai city (arrival approximately 15:00)
- Air-conditioned vehicle transfers to Mae Tang River Camp and back to Chiang Mai
- Professional rafting instructor and English speaking guide during the raft trip
- All required equipment for the activity (e.g. EEC standards life jackets & safety helmet)
- Thai lunch at river camp (please inform us at time of booking if you have any dietary requirements)
- Drinking water, coffee and tea
- Beverages (apart from water which is provided)
- Tips or gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- We recommend participants to don’t wear any jewelry or valuables.
- For safety, participants must wear a life jacket and helmet while on the rafts.
- For an adrenalin packed day we can combine river rafting with other activities such as ATV or zipline, ask us for further info!