Product code: NT04
This hiking and biking tour is one of our most popular trips and covers a lot of ground! This begins with a 2 hour trek through stunning jungle and bamboo forest with possible encounters with locals going about their daily business. At the end of the trek soak your feet in the cool water of a waterfall before eating a delicious Thai lunch served with fresh fruits. In the afternoon, cycle in a beautiful valley along fun dirt trails, along rural village roads, past plantations, rice paddies and shimmering temples.
Duration: 9 Hours (approximately)
Departure: Daily from Chiang Mai city
Activities: Hiking on forest and jungle trails, , cycling rural and off-road trails
Fitness Level: Suitable for participants in good fitness condition
- Trekking in the remote hills of the Mae Sa Valley
- Encounter local hill tribe people and get a glimpse of their lifestyle.
- Learn from your professional Thai guide about flora & fauna, local customs and culture.
- Enjoy a delicious Thai lunch by a refreshing waterfall.
- Cycling trip through spectacular valley scenery.
08:30 Pick-up from your Chiang Mai hotel and transfer to the Mae Sa valley region (vehicle transfer approximately one hour).
09:30 Arrive at our starting point on the outskirts of a hill tribe village and start the 2 hour hike with a gradual climb past some village houses. Before long, you will be surrounded by unspoiled jungle with our experienced guide (and perhaps a few friendly dogs) to lead the way. Because this is a local trail, there’s a chance you will encounter people going about their daily tasks in the area which is always interesting! Throughout the hike, you will come across a variety of flora and fauna, as well as a cabbage farm and another hill-tribe village. Throughout the trek, our friendly local guide will share their knowledge of the area and explain the customs of village life in Northern Thailand.
13:00 Stop at a picturesque waterfall to enjoy a picnic lunch of homemade Thai cuisine.
14:00 After lunch, start our cycling trip from the waterfall riding mostly downhill on a sealed road at first. Turning off the main road you will find yourself riding through village alleyways, rice fields and rural roads of Mae Sa valley; an excellent way to see the local way of life. We will also take a few off-road trails so you’ll definitely be getting off the beaten track!
16:00 We finish our ride at the Orchid Farm where you can refresh and have a quick browse before the drive back to Chiang Mai.
16:30 After a day of exploring the area on two feet then two wheels, we transfer you back to your Chiang Mai accommodation (arrival time approximately 17.30).
- Pick-up , drop-off and transportation by covered pick-up truck
- Experienced English speaking tour guide and licensed driver
- Water and snacks always available throughout the entire day
- Quality TREK brand Mountain-Bikes with 24 gears and front suspension (models 3900 and 4300 in different frame size) and cycling helmets
- One meal: Thai Picnic Lunch
- Support vehicle during the afternoon of cycling
- Beverages (apart from water which is provided)
- Tips or gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses