Product code: CTA10
Cycle along rural country lanes in the morning then later paddle along the Mae Ngat Dam lake using sit-on-top kayaks. A fun and active day with plenty of time to swim, relax, explore and enjoy a Thai lunch with peaceful surroundings .
Duration: 9 hours (approximately)
Departure: Daily from Chiang Mai city
Activities: Cycling easy countryside lanes, lake kayaking (using sit-on-top kayaks)
- Cycle along peaceful countryside roads and encounter locals going about their daily lives
- Paddle along the Mae Ngat Dam lake within the wonderful Sri Lanna National Park
- Learn from your professional Thai guide about flora & fauna, local customs and culture
- Enjoy a delicious Thai lunch whilst relaxing on a floating rafthouse
08:30 Pick-up at your hotel in Chiang Mai and transfer by vehicle to our cycling starting point.
09:30 Upon arrival, your guide provides a quick briefing and fits you with a 24-gear TREK 4300 model mountain-bike and helmet. Cycle a 15 – 20km loop along rural roads through this scenic valley; we will encounter mostly flat terrain, and a few off-road sections.
11:00 We swap our bike for sit-on-top kayaks and paddle approximately one hour to reach the tranquil floating houses.
12:30 – 13:30 Enjoy a mouth watering Thai set lunch whilst relaxing at one of the raft houses.
13.30 – 14.30 Choose to either relax on the deck, do some further exploring on the kayaks or swim around the raft house.
15.00 Start paddling back to the shore and return to the National Park Headquarters (takes approximately 1 hour).
16.00 Return to our vehicle and transfer back to your accommodation in Chiang Mai city (arrival time approximately 17:00)
- Pick-up , drop-off and transportation by covered pick-up truck
- Experienced English speaking guide and licensed driver/mechanic
- Gourmet Thai Lunch on floating rafthouses
- Use of quality material: sit-on-top kayaks, TREK 4300 mountain-bikes, helmets, paddles and life-jackets
- National Park fees
- Water and snacks for energy during the activities
- Beverages (apart from water which is provided)
- Tips or gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Meals not mentioned in itinerary
Note: This trip is suitable for families with young children and it can be tailor-made when booked as private tour.
- We provide 24-speed Trek® high-quality mountain-bikes, with cycling helmets and water bottles. Most of the route is relatively flat along rural country roads; during the dry season we ride on more off road trail sections. Please bring adequate cycling gear such as padded shorts, t-shirts, cycling shoes or runners, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a pair of cycling gloves. We will send a full packing list to you after tour registration.
- The kayaking section is suitable for novices and it is indeed the perfect place to learn paddling strokes. We use sit-on-top “Feelfree® or Ocean-Kayak®”, seating two people per boat. Theses kayaks are safe to use; they are sturdy, stable and unsinkable therefore very simple to handle. Life-jackets (PFD’s) and dry bags are supplied.