Product code: CT81
Two day “adventurous trip” in the heart of the Chiangdao valley. This program is designed for active people in good physical condition, as the highlight is outdoor activities. Riding a mountain bike on exciting trails, through Thai countryside, lush nature and perhaps jungle. A kayaking experience on a lake part of a National Park.
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Departure: From Chiang Mai possible any day
Activities: Cycling countryside roads, overnight in an eco-lodge nestled in Chiang Dao valley, lake kayaking.
- Picturesque cycling along small country roads and few easy dirt trails
- Stay in a local eco-lodge, close to numerous hill-tribe villages.
- Visit the Chaing Dao caves and Bhuddist sanctuary
- Kayak on beautiful Mae Ngat Dam in the Sri Lanna National Park
- Gourmet Thai lunch on peaceful floating bungalows
DAY ONE – Cycling in the Chiang Dao Valley (cycling distance can vary from 25 to 45km)
Pick up from your hotel and drive north by “covered pick-up truck”, locally called as “songtaew”. Reach the Chiang Dao valley where we will get on our bicycles. After a bike fitting, we settle on our saddles following rural roads through scenic Thai countryside. Visit local villages, temples and see the rice farming along the way. We will reach the Chiang Dao Caves, part of a Bhuddist sanctuary inhabited by Burmese Monks. We will then have lunch at a local restaurant closeby before we pedaling to a local market where your guide can introduce some of the ingredients used in Thai cuisine. Cycle to the other side of the valley and follow our off road trails leading to the “Padeng Lodge” for overnight. Various trails are available, depending or the participant’s abilities and fitness level. Overnight in fan cooled private room at a local eco-lodge.
(Meals: L, D)
DAY TWO – Kayaking in Sri Lanna National Park
After a filling breakfast, we will have an early morning cycle loop in the valley, mostly off road and visiting a few local hill-tribe villages such as Karen, Palong and Lahu. Around 9:30am we will depart the valley and vehicle transfer to the Sri Lanna National Park headquarters. Your guide will give a kayak safety briefing on the lake shore before you start paddling on the scenic lake. Eventually we will reach the exotic bamboo floating raft house to enjoy a mouth-watering Thai gourmet lunch. Swim and relax at the raft-house before paddling back to shore at 3pm. Meet our vehicle for a one hour transfer back to your Chiang Mai accommodation.
(Meals: B, L)
- Pick-up , drop-off and transportation by covered pick-up truck
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Activities as mentioned with use of necessary equipment (i.e. bicycles, sit-on-top kayaks)
- Accommodation in twin share room at Padeng Eco Lodge
- National Park fees
- Meals as mentioned: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner
- Drinking water and snack always available in the escort vehicle
- Beverages (apart from water which is provided)
- Tips or gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Participants must bring their own appropriate sport outfit
This program is designed for active people in good physical condition. Participants must have some cycling experience however the kayaking is suitable for beginners.