Product code: CTA501
Spend 2 days paddling atop the Mae Ngat Dam lake within Sri Lanna National Park, with an overnight stay in an exotic floating rafthouse. A gentle paddling expedition with opportunities for more adventurous to explore further into the lake.
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Departure: From Chiang Mai possible any day
Activities: Lake Kayaking, swimming and relaxing at the lake
- Cycle along peaceful countryside roads and encounter locals going about their daily lives
- Paddle along the Mae Ngat Dam lake within the wonderful Sri Lanna National Park
- Learn from your professional Thai guide about flora & fauna, local customs and culture
- Enjoy a delicious Thai lunch whilst relaxing on a floating rafthouse
DAY ONE – Transfer to Sri Lanna National Park and paddle to floating rafthouses
Meet our professional local guide at your Chiang Mai city accommodation. We then transfer by “songtaew” (covered pick up truck) to Sri Lanna National Park HQ located on the bank of Mae Ngat Dam with a prime view of the massive lake. After a short briefing from your guide, get aboard your sit-on-top kayak and paddle along the lake (approximately 5km) to the rafthouses. Check-in to your floating bungalow (basic accommodation in private rooms with shower and toilet) and relax in the scenic surroundings; you can choose to swim around the rafthouses or explore further around the lake on kayak. Enjoy a delicious Thai dinner overlooking the lake with the stars sparkling above.
(Meals: L, D)
DAY TWO – Morning paddle and return to Chiang Mai
After a substantial breakfast, those who are feeling energetic can paddle deeper into the reservoir. As the morning mist lifts you are likely to encounter local fisherman’s way of life as they throw their nets for the catch of the day. Others can choose to just relax on the raft-house, sun bathing or swimming around. After enjoying some lunch, we start paddling back to the shore where our driver and vehicle awaits. After two days relaxing at one of Northern Thailand’s greatest National Parks, we return transfer back to your Chiang Mai accommodation (arrival around 16:00pm).
(Meals: B, L)
- Pick-up , drop-off and transportation by covered pick-up truck
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Activities as mentioned with use of sit-on-top kayaks and adequate equipment (paddles, PFD’s)
- Accommodation in basic floating rafthouses (private rooms with fan)
- National Park fees
- Drinking water supplied while kayaking
- Meals as mentioned in itinerary [B=Breakfast, L=Lunch,D=Dinner]
- Beverages (apart from water which is provided)
- Tips or gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Meals not mentioned in itinerary
This kayaking tour is suitable for novices and it is indeed the perfect place to learn paddling strokes. We use sit-on-top “Feelfree® or Ocean-Kayak®”, seating two people per boat. Theses kayaks are safe to use; they are sturdy, stable and unsinkable therefore very simple to handle. Life-jackets (PFD’s) and dry bags are supplied.