Rafting the Pai River, 3 days package tour
Duration: 3 days / 2 nights
Join Departure: From Chiangmai on Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
Tour end: Chiangmai
Routing: Chiangmai – Pai – Mae Hong Son or Pai.
Season: River Rafting Season now open.
Rafting trip overview
Our rafting expeditions on the Pai River will take you through the main Wildlife Sanctuary of Mae Hong Son province. Being the only access to this area, the Pai River guarantee an unforgettable wilderness trip. Beside experiencing the thrill of the rapids, you might have the chance to watch monkeys and birds playing along the river side and shower in sparkling waterfalls. The overnight in our “jungle camp” is definitely one of the highlight of the trip!
- Day 1: Chiang Mai to – Pai by road
- 09h00. From Chiang Mai, transfer by air conditioned vehicle on mountain roads to Pai valley, passing through spectacular scenery. Stop at the mountain view point. Reach finally the Pai valley for overnight in a peaceful resort. Afternoon is free for you to discover this charming small town. Dinner and overnight in Pai at your hotel.
(Hotel/Resorts is Ban Krating or Belle Villa)
- Day 2: Full day river rafting
- Breakfast at hotel. At 09h00 our team meet you at your hotel and drive you to our office in Pai, the starting point of your rafting adventure. Equipment preparation, basic introduction on safety and paddling techniques, followed by a vehicle transfer to the river starting point (1 hour’s drive). We board the rafts and paddle down river, making a stop for lunch and a swim on the river banks. After lunch we pass few larger rapids and the river cuts through beautiful scenery as we paddle to our jungle camp, where you will spend the night. Dinner at the camp is prepared by your guides.
Quiet overnight in the jungle camp, sleeping on elevated bamboo platform, under a mosquito net.
[Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner]
- Day 3: Rafting down to Mae Hong Son, where the trip end
- After a filling breakfast, we board the rafts for the second day of our expedition. We paddle through sets of rapids through stunning jungle scenery. We stop for a pack lunch on the river bank. Mid-afternoon (depending on water level) we pull out to the river bank where the rafting trips come to an end. Transfer by vehicle to Mae Hong Son airport, city, or transfer back to Pai with our support vehicle (covered pick-up truck “songtaew”).
[Meals: Breakfast, Lunch]
When being dropped off in Mae Hong Son airport on that day you can take a short flight back to Chiang Mai (price not included, see below)
- End of services -
Rates per person in Thai Baht. Valid from
|Code CA002||Rate / person||Departure|
|Join Tour||on request||everyday in season|
|Private Tour||2 – 4 persons||on request||In season|
|5 – 6 persons||on request|
|single room supplement||on request||-|
(Single room supplement is compulsory when booking alone)
- All transfers by private vehicle. Van/car from Chiangmai to Pai, and “songtaew” covered from Pai to the river put in point)
- English speaking guide during the raft trip
- Excursion as mentioned in tour itinerary
- Accommodation in Pai, in twin share basis on day 1, and dormitory style/jungle camp on day 2
- Meals as mentioned in the above itinerary
- Expenses of a personal nature as laundry, etc..
- Beverages, except on the river where we provide drinking water and tea.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Optional excursion.
- Travel and personal insurance.
- Air ticket Mae Hong Son to Chiangmai.
Send us a tour request and our online reservation staff should reply within 24 hours!